Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5 must-have fashionable pieces to pack for every weekend trip

As Memorial Day approaches, people are dusting off their suitcases and preparing for the travel season. I don't know about you but the thing I like least about trips, long or short, is figuring out what to pack. I am a notorious over-packer (or maybe "weekend bags" are just way to small). I'm trying to get better but there 5 things I always take with me:

1. A great pair of jeans! Right now, I'm totally in love with my Old Navy Boyfriend jeans. I can put them on with a t-shirt and sneakers or cuff them with a cute top and heels so, no matter what I do, I have it covered!

2. An A-line sundress. I like this line because travel doesn't always agree with my stomach. A-line sundresses are flattering even if I'm bloated. PLUS, during the day, I can wear it as is or with a little tank. Evening, add a jacket or shrug and Voila!

3. JEWELRY! Nothing makes an outfit like the accessories you put with it. I put my big, chunky bracelets and necklaces in a tupperware container. It may sound odd but the large jewelry trend doesn't knot up like small chains do so it really works great at containing and protecting them.

4. A tailored, waist length jacket. Mine is khaki, 3/4 sleeve with super cute pockets. I throw it over my sundress or a fitted t-shirt to totally change my look.

5. A hat. My stand by is my Cubs baseball cap but, in the summer, it can switch to a fun color bucket hat or a large brim sun hat. Trips can be exhausting and I never know what the water is going is going to be like. A hat helps me not to have to worry much about what my hair is going to do. In addition, summer sun does a number on your face and a hat is a great way to protect it.

Over-packer or under-packer, feel free to borrow my tips for your next trip!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

Gap Twitter DiscountExclusive Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory Store Savings

3 comments:

  1. I am your new follower from MBC. Come visit me when you can. You have great blog. http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tips! I just got back from a trip overseas and wish I'd read this before I ended up overpacking, as usual. Putting large jewelry in a tupperware container is a wonderful idea!

    MBC
    http://ideal-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice. I tend to under pack then end up wishing I had brought a certain item - Oh well an excuse to shop while I'm away is always good :)

    I'm now following you from TwitterMoms. Happy Holiday Weekend :)

    http://imaginationcafeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete