Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lunch Time

I'm typing this as I'm trying to convince my 2 year old to finish her lunch and spoon feeding my 7 month old green beans. Obviously, I'm multitasking. It will soon be time to pick Keegan up from school and make a trip to Target. He has reached the point in his little life in which he is able to move on from a car seat to a booster and he is SUPER excited. Keegan has gathered 8 coins (I believe he has about 68 cents) in which to pick out his booster seat. He even placed them in his back pack this morning so as not to forget them this afternoon. He knows his mommy's tendency to forget things all too well.

The back yard is only half cut because of Kendall's new found hatred of the lawn mower. This hatred extends to the vacuum as well. I discovered this yesterday as we (the kids and I) were cleaning the van after our long weekend galavant. When I turned the vacuum on, she began to scream bloody murder as tears and snot ran down her little face. I turned the vacuum off several times to ask if she wanted out of the car; she was "cleaning" the windows with a baby wipe. Each time she, very plainly, told me no and each time she returned to her tantrum as the machine began to whir. I had hoped this was a single incident; I was mistaken. Today, as Murphy napped, Kendall and I went into the back yard. She had several books to look at and perched herself on a patio chair, under the umbrella, ready to enjoy the morning. I told her that I was going to start mowing, giving her fair warning of the noise that would ensue. With the first growl of the engine, she covered her ears and let out a cry of shear terror. I made it a bit under half way before I could torture her no longer and gave in to the cries of a 2 year old.

The yard still needs to be finished and will most likely remain that way until tomorrow. Laundry in the drier is begging to be folded and the rug needs to be vacuumed (though that might have to wait for Kendall to go to bed). Dust is collecting on the china cabinet and dishes piling in the sink. Murphy is done eating and Kendall is begging to go outside. Life goes on. Hopefully, I will be able to get a run in at some point today. Not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment