Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring has Sprung into Summer

The temperature reached into the upper 80's today. The windows are closed, air is on and the kids wadding pool is inflated. Keegan tells me, "Mom, it's still spring." and technically he is right but I'm announcing the start of summer anyway.

Who says we have to wait for the calendar to tell us to fire up the grill, slather on the sunscreen and break out the popsicles? I say it's time to touch up the paint on the corn-hole boards and fill up the beer coolers.

I don't know about you but I'm ready for the beach, pending that there is one left after they finally stop the oil leak. I MEAN SERIOUSLY! Oh, I could get so political right now but I'll save that for another blog. The fact is, oil is flooding into our gulf at an alarming rate (in my opinion, any oil flooding into our gulf is alarming) killing off the natural ecosystem firmly planted there. No matter which way you try to spin it, that is bad and BP should be held responsible!!! I'll move on now.

Anyway, back to my summer time day dreams. I hope to take the kids to as many Natural's baseball games as we can, live in swim suits, pitch the tent in the backyard and grill so as not to heat up the kitchen. I plan on making very little use of the T.V. and lots of use of the patio furniture. Not so much use of the supermarket produce and tons more use of the farmer's market. Less inside, more aquatic center. Bring on SUMMER!


No comments:

Post a Comment