Thursday, June 3, 2010

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Ok, not really, it's Joey's birthday. Mine will be in a month but I started thinking about age several years ago. People say that 30 is a hard year to hit. I'm a little worried because my 26th birthday actually hit me pretty hard. I was suddenly closer to 30 than the 20 and I couldn't rap my head around it. Birthdays have continued to come and go since then and, trust me, 30 IS NOT OLD! I'm actually healthier and happier than I was 10 years ago, not to mention smarter. I don't know that I can say the same for Joey, though ;) I wouldn't give my years back for anything.

Keegan started his summer vacation this week. I can remember thinking summer vacation was SO LONG! I couldn't believe they let us out of school for that long. It never ceases to amaze me how time speeds up by leaps and bounds the older I get. It is so funny to me when Keegan starts a story with his signature, "A long time ago when I was 3" (he is 4 1/2). To him, though, 3 was a long time ago. I also like his, "back when Kendall was 1". I catch myself thinking things like "if they were just a little older" but I don't want to wish away their childhood. These are days when 24 hours seems to take 48 and a week might as well be a month. I want them to savor every moment they have. Kids grow up WAY to fast these days and, in a blink of my eye, Keegan will be turning 29. I just pray that the weeks really do take months I can take the time to make memories of our moments. I pray you can do the same with your family. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and every day is a gift from God.

Happy Birthday Joey! I love you!

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment