Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall is FINALLY in the Air!

Allergies be damned, we have had the windows open durning the day for the past 5 days. I couldn't believe that after the hottest summer in a long time, we were having the hottest fall. I'm not talking Indian Summer here, I'm talking down right heat wave! Just was I was thinking I would never wear a pair of jeans again, God said "Let there be AUTUMN" and it came. This is, by far, my favorite time of the year.

On Saturday, we decked the whole family out in Hog gear and headed down to the University to tailgate. It was a perfect day. The kids played so hard, the food was YUMMY and, even though we lost it in the end, the game was great. Now, walking back up the hill was not that fun but we made it and I'm shoving that to the back of mind.

The kids have re-discovered their love of the outdoors. We have been on walks everyday. Keegan has gotten very good at "pumping" on the swing and Keegan has gotten over her fear of the slide. I can't get over how big they are getting.

Keegan will be 5 this December! His new thing is to ask daily for a pet. The thing is, he isn't actually "asking" as much as coming up with excellent reasons to have one. Looking through the fence into the neighbors yard he says, "Mom, they have a very big yard." I said, yes but it is no bigger than our own, the lots are all the same size. His response... "Well, they have a dog." Or this one, "Cats are so soft and very quiet." Yes, Keegan they are. "You don't have to do much for them and they like to be petted." Yes, Keegan. "Mommy, do you like cats?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Everyday!

Kendall picks out her own clothes most everyday. She is obsessed with princesses, takes care of her "babies" (Ariel, Broccoli, Bob, and Noah), cooks in her kitchen and can beat the tar out of Keegan even though she is only 8 lbs heavier than Murphy. She wants to be Snow White for halloween. My mom is taking care of the costume for me. Her speech is coming along and she often talks to Joey like he is one. It's HILARIOUS!

And Murphy, my tiny little baby, is almost a year old. He can crawl as fast as lighting, pulls up on everything and walks behind push toys. I'm expecting steps any day now. He is getting clothes for his birthday (ssshhh, don't tell him) and for the first time ever, I'm purchasing his birthday cake. Ok, its his first birthday so, obviously, I'm purchasing his cake for the first time. That isn't what I meant, I have made all of our cakes (except my own) for 8 years. I'm getting cupcakes from Sam's this year. Poor third child!

Speaking of, he just woke up from his nap so I gotta go... Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment