Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh Good Gravy!

Ok, so its been a few days, let's catch up.

On the food processor front, I got a Ninja and I LOVE IT! I have made almond flour (which I used last night to "bread" crunchy oven fried shrimp) and wonderful mash that kids had no idea was steamed cauliflower NOT potatoes! The times I have tried this switch-a-roo in the past, I was never able to get it smooth enough and the kids found me out. Last night, they all had seconds!! Check in the mommy wins column. The kids and I have also had smoothies every day. They CHUG them and have NO IDEA that there are carrots and spinach in there!! This morning was spinach, cantaloupe, mango, apple, and strawberry. I always use almond milk and, of course, ice. I'm sure it helps that my kids have always been "forced" to eat their veggies and love fruit. They truly are good eaters but these smoothies are pretty darn yummy and the kids don't know I put spinach and/or carrots in them.

Moving on, I spent the morning in the doctors office on observation. I have been having regular contractions on off becoming much more of a regular occurrence over the weekend. This morning, they were about every 5 minutes there for a while but have slowed and the baby is staying is put. I am now, however, on BED REST, dun dun dunnnnnn..... hopefully this isn't a permanent thing considering I'm only 29 weeks BUT, I'll be confined through weekend before any decisions are made about increasing my activity level. I plan on making the most of it. I have the computer, netbook and 2 library books. We have a tv in our room for which I have the remote. I'm coming up with a list of things to make Joey do (hehehehe)... you know, so he feels more useful ;) I also have AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL friends and family whom help out in more ways than I could ever properly thank them for. We are blessed to have such a great support system.

Considering that I will have PLENTY of time, I will try to come up with funny things to write about. I may even post a few recipes I've come up with that I plan on making Joey try to cook. I might even let you know how he did! I'm thinking it to be a good thing that I can't really see the kitchen from here ;)

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment