Sunday, October 14, 2012

Updated Bananas

This morning I wanted some banana pancakes but had a little more time on my hands so I decided to play around with the recipe some. Today's recipe goes as follows:

2 ripe bananas
1 egg (free range of course)
1 tbsp butter (melted)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup almond flour
a pinch of cinnamon
a squish of honey (I use local)

mix it all together, coat the bottom of the pan with a little coconut oil, warm it up to a medium heat and cook 'em up!
Slow is still better! though not nearly as delicate as my traditional banana pancake, they still need to cook thoroughly on the first side before you flip. I mixed some almond butter with a little nutella and warmed it up for a topping treat however they are extremely tasty as is. I ended up making two batches because the kids ate gobbled all of the first batch before Joey or I got one. Seriously, try this!

Oh and to poke a little more hunger your way... I have the amazing smell of homemade beef jerky wafting from the kitchen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment